The Raw Art Review
UnCollected Press - the publisher of The Raw Art Review - has published 27 books of poetry, fiction, non-fiction and artwork with 7 additional books in production at this time.
UnCollected Press is seeking manuscripts of poetry, fiction, non-fiction, comix and visual art portfolios for its UNCOLLECT PRESS 2021 BOOK PUBLICATION CONTEST. NOTE: All manuscripts are eligible for publication. If you would like us to take a look at a manuscript that doesn't fit any of the listed categories before entering, email your request to email@example.com.
- A minimum of ten (10) manuscripts will be accepted for publication. UnCollected Press will partner with the author/artist to plan, design, develop and print a book that strives to achieve a high standard of production and to meet the author/artist's expectation. (For samples of the quality of our productions, please find journals and books for sale on the RAR website www.therawartreview.com).
- Selection of winning manuscripts will be "rolling". Announcement does not wait for the end of the year or the end of the contest. We will select winners on an ongoing basis and get started with production.
- Publication with UnCollected Press will include payment in first run copies and eligibility for royalties from sellers. Publication will also include help in establishing global distribution to online retail sales platforms, including but not limited to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Ingram, Lulu, Indie Books (network of hundreds of small book sellers), Google books and others. Terms of publication and compensation will be included in a contract.
- A selection of works from the winning manuscripts will be presented on a RAR dedicated "Featured Artist" web page navigable from the RAR website home page.
- There are no rules of form and content. The sole criteria for selecting manuscripts is the power of the emotional/psychological/spiritual/physiological impact on editors reading the stories. NOTE: We will attempt to adjust production to the formats of the writing and artwork within limits. Author/artist should expect to adapt manuscripts to a US Trade Paperback standard footprint of 6"x9". UnCollected Press will entertain alternative trim sizes, including non-standard sizes, understanding that non-standard footprints may limited access to online sales platforms.
- There are no particular trade-craft requirements for the draft you submit.
- TYPOS - we understand it is difficult to catch all typos. NOTE: we will presume a typo is volitional, so for the purpose of maintaining your intent for the writing or artwork, it is in your best interest to review carefully, get help from other readers, etc. UnCollected Press offers copy and line editing services at $40 per hour. An estimate to copy/line edit your book will be provided in advance.
- Acceptable formats for a manuscript Word, Google Docs, RTF Word Processor, PDF.
- Review of books is blind. Please do not put your name or any other identifying information on your pages.
- Simultaneous submission is fine.
- Reading fee for the contest is $35. RAR is offering an expedite fee of $15. Manuscripts that are submitted with the payment of an expedite fee will receive a decision within 30 days.
- Previously published writing or artwork can be included in the book provided the submitter owns the rights to re-publish. We are happy to recognize the original publisher on the front-matter page or at other summary locations in the book. Previously published books are not eligible.
- Deadline is DECEMBER 31, 2021 - REMINDER - Acceptance is rolling and does not wait until the contest is over.
- Submissions are read and considered in the order that they are received unless expedited. Expedited submissions are moved to the front of the list.
- You must use Submittable for submissions. The platform is free to writers and authors, is an efficient tool for managing submissions. If submitting in this manner presents a hardship, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org